Critical Appraisal Masterclass
Critical Appraisal Masterclass (1 day)
The Critical Appraisal Masterclass covers everything you need to appraise clinical papers in one intensive day. The course workbook includes many short exercises to improve your understanding of critical appraisal. The course is popular amongst people revising for critical appraisal exams, presenting in journal club meetings, starting research projects and preparing for job interviews.
Everything you need to know about critical appraisal is covered in one day.
Approved for 6 hours continuing professional development by The CPD Standards Office.
We cover more material in one day than any other course. You'll leave the course with your brain full of knowledge!
You'll complete short exercises in your handout and answer questions using digital wireless handsets.
Includes online access
You get free access to the online course from when you book until 3 months after the masterclass.
The masterclass is aimed at healthcare professionals, including doctors, dentists, nurses, researchers & students.
- Understand the meaning of evidence-based medicine and the importance of critical appraisal skills
- Be able to identify different study designs
- Be able to evaluate the methods of any study for strengths and weaknesses
- Understand how to choose a statistical test to analyse data and be able to interpret the results of any study
- Be able to calculate clinically useful statistics from results data
- Be able to decide whether to change clinical practice based on the results of a study
- Speed-read clinical research papers - and enjoy it!
- Impress your colleagues in journal clubs with your critical appraisal skills!
- Give gold standard answers to critical appraisal questions in interviews!
- Write authoritative literature reviews and get top marks!
- Pass critical appraisal exams with ease - no more revision required!
Not only the content but the teaching techniques were excellent. Your course was really lucid and easy to understand. The exercises were very well constructed.